Types of Sexual Harassment at Work
What does workplace sexual harassment look like? Sexual harassment can take many forms. Usually it is obvious and very uncomfortable. Sometimes, though, a person who cannot control sexual impulses engages in subtle actions or words that build into a hostile work environment over time.
Sexual harassment comes in a variety of behaviors, some of which may be more subtle, but all of them are a violation of your rights, including:
- Dirty jokes and lewd language
- Sexual content posted on walls and computer screens
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment, such as a request for sexual favors in exchange for an employment benefit
- Sexual favoritism
- Leering, suggestive looks
- Inappropriate touching, unwelcome physical proximity
- Denied promotions because of your sex or sexual orientation
- Denied or reduced pay raises
- Unwelcome phone calls, emails and text messaging
More Information On Types Of Sexual Harassment Cases We Handle
- Foul language used at work
- Inappropriate touching at work
- Obscene gestures
- Online and social media
- Porn on screen at work
- Refusing sexual advances by a coworker or supervisor
- Sexual advances while at work
- Sexual Assault by a coworker
- Sexual jokes being told at work
- Sexual notes or emails in the workplace
- Sexual pictures being displayed at work
- Invasion of your privacy at work
Sexual harassment leads to a hostile work environment and often turns into retaliation if the victim reports it.
Free Consultation – Serving Clients Throughout Northern California
Call the employment litigation attorneys at The Armstrong Law Firm. Our lawyers have the experience and knowledge you can rely on to file claims to stop sexual harassment and protect your workplace rights. We protect you and your job. We provide a free consultation to explain California and federal laws regarding harassment on the job, and we will give you an honest evaluation of whether you have a claim worth pursuing. We will also inform you of the different options so that you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.
Contact our sexual harassment law firm in California to request a free initial consultation. We represent victims of sexual harassment and discrimination throughout the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and throughout Northern California. We’ll start protecting your rights and your job right away. Call 415-692-0462.