Unfortunately, workplace sexual harassment is rampant in the United States and can have a dramatic effect on the careers and personal lives of victims. At The Armstrong Law Firm, we do not take these types of cases lightly. You deserve a work environment that is free from sexual harassment and other forms of illegal advances. Our San Francisco sexual harassment attorneys take a protective, proactive approach when helping clients and will put our firm’s decades of experience behind your case to get you the money you are owed.
Our attorneys can help hold abusive and negligent employers accountable while keeping you protected from workplace retaliation. Call The Armstrong Law Firm for an Initial Consultation at (415) 909-3945, or you can also message our legal team directly about your case here. There are no attorneys’ fees until you win.
Help For Victims Of Sexual Harassment At Work
At The Armstrong Law Firm, we have recovered millions of dollars for clients in employment law cases. Founding attorney Kelly Armstrong has been included in the California Super Lawyers list and has successfully handled many high-profile cases.
If you have suffered sexual harassment in the workplace, we encourage you to give us a call today to discuss your particular situation. With offices in San Francisco, Sausalito, San Jose and Oakland, we serve clients in the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and throughout Northern California. Learn more about how the potential new client intake process works.
“I was sexually harassed by my boss for years. I complained many times, but the company never took my complaints seriously. They laughed and ignored it. I was terrified of losing my job and not being able to support my family, so I felt I had to live with the harassment for many years. When I finally couldn’t take it anymore, I made a formal, written complaint. It was one of the most traumatic work experiences I’ve ever had. The company went out of their way to make me very uncomfortable. That’s when I called The Armstrong Law Firm. They helped me through one of the most difficult experiences of my life and negotiated an excellent resolution for me so I could leave the company and start another, better job. I am so thankful.”
Reviewed By: Lisa B.
What Is Sexual Harassment And What Can You Do About It?
As a victim of sexual harassment, you may have conflicting emotions. You may feel anger, disgust and a loss of self-esteem. At the same time, you also may be anxious about the possibility of losing your job, getting a poor performance review or being demoted.
The law recognizes two kinds of sexual harassment:
- Hostile work environment: This harassment usually involves being forced to work in the presence of sexually explicit emails, pictures, pornography, lewd jokes and other sexually offensive behavior. A combination of individual comments or actions, even if not directed at you specifically, may create what is called a hostile work environment. Working under those types of conditions can constitute sexual harassment, and we can help you take the appropriate action.
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment: If continued employment, a promotion or fair treatment on the job depends on a sexual or personal relationship with a manager or person in a position of power, that demand clearly represents quid pro quo sexual harassment. The types of activity that constitute quid pro quo sexual harassment range from sexual assault and battery to more subtle forms of conduct, such as requesting dates in exchange for a pay raise or inappropriate touching.
This is especially true if the owner or manager of the company where you work is the person harassing you. But the encouraging news is this: it is possible to take effective legal action with help from a proven law firm led by a highly regarded female attorney.
Put a Stop to Sexual Harassment at Work
The San Francisco sexual harassment attorney at The Armstrong Law Firm will hold your detractors accountable while protecting you from retaliation. Call us for your Initial Consultation at (415) 909-3945 or message us via our contact form. We do not get paid until your case is won.
Our San Francisco Sexual Harassment Attorney Will Navigate Your Claim
You would have legal rights if sexual harassment happened to you in the workplace. Case resolution usually begins by filing a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. However, you may want to start gathering evidence of sexual harassment now since this information could be helpful in the future, especially when building a case around circumstantial evidence.
The Armstrong Law Firm will help you through the entire legal process so that you take advantage of every opportunity available, including:
- Claim filing and documentation
- Exhaustive investigations
- Civil litigation
- And more
Compensation is the primary objective of any civil case, including sexual harassment claims. If we can prove that your supervisor or employer knew about the sexual harassment and did nothing to stop it, we will go after them for compensation, such as back pay, front pay, emotional anguish, and punitive damages. Where California law allows you to collect an award, you can count on The Armstrong Law Firm to demand it.
Reporting Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Matters
It is intimidating to report sexual harassment in the workplace for many victims. Fears of retaliation and escalated harassment are some of the many potential tactics a bully and abuser may take. However, you should know that the law protects you from sexual harassment as well as any type of retaliatory behavior on your employer’s part.
Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider reporting the sexual harassment you have faced:
- Reason 1. Prevention: Filing a complaint and claim can prevent future misconduct. By exercising your rights, you demonstrate to your harasser and others that people will hold them accountable under the law for their actions. They may think twice about their actions after your case finalizes.
- Reason 2. Justice: Victims can take back control over their lives by using the criminal and civil justice system for its intended purpose. With a proven, well-presented case, you can get the justice you deserve for your physical and financial losses.
- Reason 3. Compensation: Aggressors may finally change their behaviors when consequences are on the line. With a sexual harassment claim, you can pursue an award that pays for medical bills, back pay, front pay, mental anguish, and more. These damages will hopefully put financial pressure on harassers to make different choices in the future.
Hire a San Francisco sexual harassment attorney to represent your case. The Armstrong Law Firm will help you throughout the entire process. Not only will we help you navigate the complexities surrounding your initial complaint, but we will also document and handle any forms of continued harassment and retaliation you face. Count on our legal team to stand by your side dutifully throughout the legal process.
Why Hire Our San Francisco Sexual Harassment Attorney
The prospect of navigating a sexual harassment claim alone is daunting. If you are still employed, you may worry about retaliation, including demotions, pay reductions, hours reductions, and more. The legal team at The Armstrong Law Firm will hold your employer, managers, and harassers accountable, even if they try intimidating you.
When you hire our San Francisco sexual harassment attorney, you are working with someone who:
- Knows how to effectively document harassment
- Takes on the stress of your legal fight
- Pursues maximum compensation for your losses
- Will not charge attorneys’ fees until you win
- Has recovered millions on behalf of victims throughout CA
- No fees for initial consultations
For many clients, going after an abuser is not about the money, but it does help them pay for the losses they incurred. Ultimately, our focus is on the principle of the matter and fighting back against the injustices you face. The good news is that California employment laws give you legal rights, and The Armstrong Law Firm will explain them and determine your options so that you can seek reasonable compensation.
Laws Against Sexual Harassment at Work
Both federal and California state laws prohibit sexual harassment at work.
In California, if a manager engages in sexual harassment against an employee under his or her direct supervision, the company may be held strictly liable. Furthermore, employers cannot retaliate against you because you complain about sexual harassment.
We know how sensitive these cases are and encourage you to learn more about the approach we take to protect your interests effectively. Our sexual harassment attorneys are also very familiar with the high-pressure dynamics facing professionals in San Francisco and throughout Northern California.
Contact Us: We Can Help You Obtain Justice
It is challenging to hold sexual harassers in the workplace accountable without legal help. However, you have legal options and rights that could help you obtain the money you need for your losses. For an initial consultation with a female employment law lawyer with a proven track record of results in workplace sexual harassment cases, contact us online, or call us at (415) 909-3945.