You should not live in fear of showing up to work. The San Francisco hostile work environment attorney at The Armstrong Law Firm will help you hold employers accountable that exhibit illegal, inappropriate, and unjust behaviors toward you. Our legal team will look for every instance of a hostile work environment and preserve evidence that asserts your right to a civil award.
State and federal laws protect you when facing a hostile work environment. Find out more about how our attorney can help you. Receive a Consultation with The Armstrong Law Firm by calling (415) 909-3945. You can also message about your case here.
What Is A Hostile Work Environment And What Can I Do About It?
Sexual harassment is not just about a manager or person in a position of power who demands sexual favors in exchange for an employment benefit. It is also about a sexually charged work environment that makes it difficult for you to do your job.
Hostile work environments come in many forms. Some behaviors may be more subtle, but that doesn’t keep them from violating your rights. Here are some examples:
- Dirty jokes and lewd language
- Sexually explicit emails, pictures or pornography
- Sexual content posted on walls and computer screens
- Leering, suggestive looks
- Sexual comments or lewd behavior
- Inappropriate touching, unwelcome physical proximity
- Denied promotions because of your sex or sexual orientation
- Denied or reduced pay raises
- Unwelcome phone calls, emails and text messages
If you work in an environment that is sexually hostile, you can either continue to put up with it or you can stand up for your rights. Our sexual harassment attorney in San Francisco will explain your rights and possible courses of action. We are experienced in negotiating favorable severance packages so that you can close the door and put this negative experience behind you.
Additional Information About Sexual Harassment:
- Co-Worker Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment
- What To Do if You Have Been Sexually Harassed
If you have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, the lawyers at The Armstrong Law Firm want you to know that you do have rights. We offer a consultation to discuss how you can put an end to the hostile work environment. We represent sexual harassment victims throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area, including Oakland, San Jose, Santa Clara County and Marin County.
Hostile Work Environments Affect Your Well-Being
It is illegal to harass workers and co-workers in California when motivated by unlawful reasons. While there is no hardline rule regarding what constitutes harassment, specific characteristics and factors can help you paint a picture that reveals you endured a hostile work environment.
You may want to speak with the San Francisco hostile work environment attorney at The Armstrong Law Firm if you have experienced:
- Inability to perform
- Mental anguish
- And more
These are very severe signs and symptoms of how one behaves as a victim of work environment hostility. While a few annoying or hurtful comments do not fall under these protections, repeated, distressing actions against you over a period might. The Armstrong Law Firm hold them liable for your losses if you decide to hire our legal team.
Specific Considerations Impact Your Case’s Outcome
Some cases of work environment hostility are cut-and-dry, especially when involving physical assault. However, other cases still fall under hostile work environment laws but may require additional evidence and argumentation to assert your rights.
Additional factors that a judge may consider include:
- Context: The hostility must have occurred at work. However, the context under which it happened is an element that will affect the outcome of your case. For example, if you and a co-worker had a history of not getting along, even before working together, the judge may not look at this element favorably.
- Frequency: The frequency of harassment can also speak to the severity. More instances of hostility may show how much you have suffered. For instance, repeated daily harassment is far more severe than an occasional situation.
- Severity: Courts will consider the severity of each event when presiding over your case. You may want to work with a San Francisco hostile work environment attorney to help you accurately portray what happened.
The outcome of your case will depend on the facts and circumstances of your case. While the law ultimately determines the outcome, you need to make the most of every opportunity when holding unjust employers accountable. Put The Armstrong Law Firm on your side so that you have a legal champion at the negotiating table or courtroom who knows how to tell a convincing and compelling story.
The Armstrong Law Firm Will Help You Prove Your Case
Preserving evidence of a hostile work environment is critical to getting the help you need. Our San Francisco hostile work environment attorney at The Armstrong Law Firm has years of experience investigating these types of situations so that we accurately tell your side of the story in the courtroom.
Proving a hostile work environment case may require the following elements:
- Reporting hostility to management
- Taking notes of the day in question
- Preserving physical evidence if hostility continues
- Filing a claim
- Taking your employer to court
Avoid waiting to see if things change when they clearly have not. California laws protect your legal rights in this situation. Find out how our San Francisco hostile work environment attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact a San Francisco Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
Retaliation and hostility is illegal at the state and federal levels in California. Your employer does not have the legal right to treat you unfairly for confronting the issue. Put your trust in The Armstrong Law Firm when you need unwavering legal help in the face of adversity.
We welcome you to contact us for more information about your case. For a consultation with the dedicated hostile work environment attorneys at The Armstrong Law Firm, call (415) 909-3945 or contact us online.