Ten Tips for Victims of Sexual Harassment
At The Armstrong Law Firm, in San Francisco, California, we represent employees in sexual harassment claims and fight to protect their rights under California and federal employment law. If you’ve been forced to work in a sexually hostile environment or were sexually harassed at work, we can help you obtain the justice you deserve.
Top Ten Tips For The Victims Of Sexual Harassment At Work
- Obtain a DFEH right to sue letter through a lawyer before it is too late.
- Send a letter or email to a manager so your complaint of sexual harassment is in writing.
- Make sure it is clear to your harasser that the offensive conduct is unwelcome.
- Keep a journal of all incidents with the dates and details.
- Do not engage in behavior, jokes or interactions at work that could be used against you.
- Do not drink alcohol with co-workers or managers.
- Obtain a copy of all of the employer’s sexual harassment policies.
- Make a list of all potential witnesses. They can also be anonymous witnesses.
- If you are experiencing emotional distress, depression, anxiety or other psychological symptoms because of sexual harassment or sex discrimination, communicate them to your doctor, discuss treatment and request a referral to a psychologist for counseling or therapy.
- Contact The Armstrong Law Firm as soon as possible.