Ten Tips to Protect Your Pregnancy Rights
At the Armstrong Law Firm, in San Francisco, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of pregnant employees under California and federal law. If you’ve been subjected to pregnancy discrimination, we can help you obtain the justice you deserve.
Top Ten Tips To Protect Your Pregnancy Rights
- Assemble all of the employers’ pregnancy, pregnancy disability and FMLA leave policies.
- Submit all communications regarding your pregnancy to the employer in writing.
- Ensure that you are following correct procedure when notifying the company of plans or the need for pregnancy leave.
- Ensure that you are following correct procedure when submitting doctor notes with a cover letter to the employer.
- If the employer begins to communicate in a negative manner about your pregnancy, start a journal documenting all comments, incidents, dates and witnesses to the comments.
- Make a list of potential witnesses to each incident of pregnancy discrimination.
- Make a list of other males and non-pregnant female co-workers who were not subjected to the same treatment by the employer as you were.
- If you are experiencing emotional distress symptoms such as anxiety and/or depression because of how you are being treated by your employer, communicate them to your doctor, discuss treatment and request a referral to a psychologist for counseling sessions.
- Ensure that your employer medical coverage will be continuous for both you and your unborn child or newborn.
- Contact an experienced employee rights lawyer as soon as possible.
We handle cases all throughout the San Francisco Bay Area including Santa Clara County, Oakland, and San Jose. For a confidential consultation with an experienced employment law attorney, call 415-692-0462 or contact us online.