Sexual harassment is not just about a manager or person in a position of power who demands sexual favors in exchange for an employment benefit. It is also about a sexually charged work environment that makes it difficult for you to do your job.
If you have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, the lawyers at The Armstrong Law Firm want you to know that you do have rights. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss how you can put an end to the hostile work environment. We represent sexual harassment victims throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area, including Oakland, San Jose and Marin County.
What Is A Hostile Work Environment And What Can I Do About It?
Hostile work environments come in many forms. Some behaviors may be more subtle, but that doesn't keep them from violating your rights. Here are some examples:
- Dirty jokes and lewd language
- Sexually explicit emails, pictures or pornography
- Sexual content posted on walls and computer screens
- Leering, suggestive looks
- Sexual comments or lewd behavior
- Inappropriate touching, unwelcome physical proximity
- Denied promotions because of your sex or sexual orientation
- Denied or reduced pay raises
- Unwelcome phone calls, emails and text messages
If you work in an environment that is sexually hostile, you can either continue to put up with it or you can stand up for your rights. Our sexual harassment attorneys will explain your rights and possible courses of action. We are experienced in negotiating favorable severance packages so that you can close the door and put this negative experience behind you.
Feel Free To Visit These Pages For Additional Information About Sexual Harassment:
- Co-Worker Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment
- What To Do if You Have Been Sexually Harassed
Contact A Hostile Workplace Lawyer
For a consultation with the dedicated hostile work environment attorneys at The Armstrong Law Firm, call 415-692-0462 or 866-590-6082, or contact us online.